Saturday, December 25, 2004

Max

I had paid for a hard drive earlier this month. I got it in the mail yesterday. It's an IDE 300 GB Maxtor with 16 MB cache. Ah, Christmas came a day early for me. It's formatted capacity is 279 GB. I have been backing up my data on it and now I have about 105 GB free space left. Few years ago, I had the misfortune of getting, not one, but two IBM Deathstar hard disks from DELL. Both died within 6 months. DELL replaced both, because of the warranty, and sent me a Western Digital 100 GB. Since then, I've been very cautious and make backups very frequently. Right now I have two 120 GB Seagates in RAID as my primary and use an external 160 GB hard disk for backup. Since last month I have been short on space, and now I don't have to worry about that for at least a year with this Maxtor monster. Cheers (Non-alcoholic drinks only infidels).